Wednesday, October 21, 2009

No amore for this hot cocoa

Today’s Hot Chocolate is Cocoa Amore’s Peanut Butter Brownie Cocoa Mix. First, I read the ingredients in preparation of today’s hot cocoa. Yikes! It’s has tri’s and di’s along with non-dairy creamer being the first ingredient of this mix. With that in mind, my expectations were reset.

After reviewing the directions, I appreciate them stating it will take a little work to blend this hot cocoa mix. Some mixes take forever for the liquid to adhere to the cocoa/chocolate and you are sitting their drooling waiting for that magic moment to take place.

After tearing open the packet, I poured the whitish powder with a speckle of brown into a foam cup. A slight whiff of peanuts poured into the air thus lifting my spirits a bit. Upon adding the hot water, I began to stir. Over time, the mixture darkened up and began to form a thicker consistency. Excellent! It is tasting time.

I took my first sip….Uhhh! Strange…I took another sip and decided “I’ll pass”. Darn it! I really needed hot cocoa today :<

No comments: