Monday, November 2, 2009

Recipe Alert: Divine Intervention

Last night I was craving a white hot chocolate. That was extremely odd since I am not a white chocolate fan. As I pulled the ingredients to try a make a creamy white chocolate drinking beverage I couldn't find the white chocolate. I bet you the gremlin called my husband probably got to it when I was on a business trip. If so, he has improved his chocolate sneaking skills as I didn't catch on until it was too late. So, I changed my plans. My goal was to go deep and dark.

Making hot chocolate can no longer can be a messy adventure. We have a new dog now named Wally that we picked him up from a shelter a few weeks back. He is an absolute hoot! So, I must make sure to measure my chocolate/cocoa in the sink because chocolate/cocoa is not good for dogs.My inspiration lead me to retrieve Valrhona Cacao Powder, heavy cream, Mexican Vanilla, lemon curd, nutmeg, cinnamon and fine baker's sugar. I didn't have a clue where this was going to take me. But I was ready to get crackin'.

In the end, I created a dreamy dark drinking chocolate with Valrhona cacao powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla. My husband gave it a "10" and asked why "I didn't make more". Unfortantely, I only had 3/4 cup of heavy cream so this adventure came out to be very positive. Before we shared our lone glass of drinking chocolate, I decided to take a picture of this delectable creation.

Another star in the cocoa lady's hat for this one!
Divine Drinking Chocolate(Click here for a copy of my drinking chocolate recipe)

No comments: