Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hidden behind the coffee

While searching the pantry for the hot chocolate of the day, I came across Café-Tasse’s Chocolat en Poudre or chocolate powder. This instant hot chocolate from Belgium is made with 32% cocoa and sugar. We used to carry this hot chocolate at our online store. However, it didn’t have a strong following. My husband uses the posted-dated hot chocolate to make mochas.

I forgot about this hot chocolate so it was a pleasant surprise to find this box. The cocoa powder has a reddish-brown tint with a sprinkle of white sugar crystals. The pet peeve I have with European hot chocolate mixes is that they rarely have directions placed on the box. So, I opted to use one heaping tablespoon of hot chocolate, filled my glass mug half way up with milk and hoped for the best!

After using the microwave to heat up my hot chocolate, I poured the beverage in a travel mug and headed to the office.

Once I settled in at my desk, it was time to drink up. Amazing! I forgot how lovely this hot chocolate was and how disappointed others have yet to appreciate it. It’s a robust instant chocolate with a splash of sugar. Very nice and very pleasurable!

No comments: