Thursday, October 1, 2009

Today's hot chocolate: Fran's Premium Hot Chocolate

Seeking a little pick me up this evening, I decided it was time to enjoy a cup of chocolate. The selection of the evening was Fran's Premium Hot Chocolate made here in the USA with 100% Venezuelan chocolate. Founded by Fran Bigelow, this hot chocolate received the 2007 Sofi Award (formerly the NASFT Food Award) for Outstanding Hot Beverage.

It's been a while since I pulled out the double boiler, but I was ready. Although the directions said to add the chocolate to heated milk, I chose to melt the chocolate first. Ah! It was beautiful.

Now it was time to enjoy...opps... I added a little too much milk. Since the other half broke my ounce measuring cup, my measurements have been a little off lately. Dare I say a shopping trip is in order? :>

The hot chocolate was optimum balance of chocolate and sweetness. I gave my husband a sip and he said "it's too watery". If the non-cocoa connoisseur makes that statement, you know I added too much milk. Well, I kept on drinking my cup of chocolate and after that we had fun licking the chocolate off the spoon. What a way to close the evening.

No comments: