Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sunshine in the Mail Box

Just after Ike’s departure from the Texas coast, hurricane-shocked Houstonians, such as myself, tried to return back to our normal daily lives. Of course, it did not include electricity, running water, accessibility to gas and so on. So, when my husband went to retrieve the mail, a little piece of sunshine fell out of the pile of magazines, bills and junk literature. It was a package from WideSpark Design, the publisher for The Chocolate Story by Rick Moser.

After requesting information regarding retailing the book, to my surprise Mr. Moser himself contacted me regarding the inquiry and asked if I would like to have a “fresh off the press” copy of the book. “Absolutely,” I said! A signed copy of The Chocolate Story arrived at the perfect time. We were in need of a charming story to wash all the devastation around us.

The book tells the story of two adventurous children on a walk through a forest that stumble upon a chocolate house. Without giving too much information away, the children learn a valuable life lesson on manners. My favorite part of the book is the Story Time Discussion Questions which allows, parents, teachers, family or friends to engage the children in a discussion about the main characters, Emily and Nick, and their actions throughout the book.

With the holidays around the corner, I would add this one to your Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Happy New Year or just because list.

No comments: