Sunday, October 21, 2007

My 1st Frothing Experience


My husband is on a business trip and I have complete access to HIS coffee/cappuccino/espresso machine. Inspired by my Boston trip, I was determined to figure out how to use the frothing machine on his Krups. Initially, I thought…this shouldn’t be too hard? The bottom line, I ended up breaking out with the instructions on how to use that bad boy.

Since Frank drank up all the Milk before he left (which is like sacrilegious in our house), I had to use a small pint of whipping cream and a little water. I wasn’t in a heavy hot chocolate mood, but I needed my fix. Ta-dah. I am a frothing fool now!!!

The mix of the day is Colombian 53 Single Origin Drinking Chocolate by Allergo Coffee. I found this selection in Whole Foods a little while back. Since this is a single origin drinking chocolate, all of the cacao beans come from the same region. Many chocolate and hot chocolate manufacturers use beans from all over with different quality levels to make their final creations. Most of the time, the end result isn’t very good since the three to four types of cacao beans each have a different level of roasting and/or conching that needs to be done to achieve optimum flavor.

Now, Allergo uses 53% Colombian dark chocolate (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, vanilla), Colombian cocoa powder, cane sugar. I pour my frothy milk into my ducky mug my sister Pam got me for Easter and added the Colombian 53 to the mix. Forget Calgon taking me away….it was Colombian 53 for me!

No comments: