Friday, October 12, 2007

Madagascar Vanilla & Hot Chocolate

Madagascar Vanilla & Hot Chocolate
For this last recipe, I decided to go down the drinking chocolate route using the last Vanilla of the Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Trio, Madagascar. This very thick drinking chocolate has 3/4 cup whole milk, 2 tbls Vanilla, 1 Cinnamon Stick, 1 Dylan's Candy Bar w/Nibs, 65% Cocoa, and 2 tbls Sugar.

To melt the chocolate bar, I used my trusty double boiler to avoid burning the chocolate and the milk. After the chocolate melted, I added my milk infused with the cinnamon stick and vanilla that was chillin' in the refrigerator. I blended the milk, chocolate and added the sugar to form a creamy mixture.

I served the boys this thick chocolately drink for them to try.... The verdict: Frank believes "it tastes just like a candy bar". Of course, I'm thinking. Micah enjoyed it, but it wasn't his favorite.

After a long day of creating hot chocolate the boys rated the hot chocolate made with Nielsen-Massey Vanilla as follows:
1. Mexican Vanilla Hot Chocolate
2. Madagascar Vanilla Hot Chocolate
3. Tahitian Vanilla Hot Chocolate

Y'all (opps that Texas influence) should try your own taste test.

No comments: