Monday, January 19, 2009

Cacao Reserve for All


Since I wanted to stretch the next couple of paychecks in order to get some work performed on our house, a decision was made to go to Wal-Mart for a little household shopping. As a die-hard Target girl I wasn’t pleased, but we must do what we got to do to get by.

Like any cocoa connoisseur, I had to browse the hot chocolate/ coffee/ tea aisle to see what selects were available for Wal-Mart shoppers. Cacao Reserve by Hershey’s Drinking Cocoa Premium Mix caught my attention. At a price point of $2.07 for 5 servings, anyone has the chance to try a drinking cocoa. Over the past year, Hershey has worked to distinguished themselves in the premium chocolate arena with the introduction of Cacao Reserve chocolate bars and cocoa mixes. Now, The Nibble provided a favorable review of the Cacao Reserve chocolate bars. However, they were not as fond of the drinking cocoa as they were the bar chocolate.

I guess I will have to try it himself to form my own opinion. But any hot chocolate can be doctored up to create a delicious drink.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in a Seattle coffee shop the other day and tried a hot cocoa called Tuccelli. It was the best cocoa that I've ever tasted. The waitress told me it was fairly traded (no slave labor) from Ghana.

The Cocoa Lady said...

Hi, Ron. The hot chocolate may be Omanhene Hot Cocoa Mix. "Omanhene" is a title for a traditional king or chief in the Twi language. The product is from Ghana and is made free of slave labor. It is served in numerous cafes here in the US. It comes in a traditional and peppermint blend. For the past few years, it has been our top 3 selling hot chocolates.