Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hurricane Hot Chocolate

I’ve returned to the blogosphere! Like numerous others in Houston, hurricane Ike knocked out the electricity in our home and office. Nonetheless, I am returning with a vengeance! A lot of activity took place in the cocoa and hot chocolate arena that I can’t wait to post.

In remembrance of Ike, I posted a picture of my Hurricane Hot Chocolate and dinner before the storm. Not a lick of cocoa in this drink, but a little bit of vodka courage.

In light of being accustomed to earthquakes, this was my first hurricane experience. Personally, earthquakes are easier to deal with as they come unexpectedly, they last few seconds and the destruction is not as significant. With hurricanes, you must prepare every single year and waiting for it to arrive is like walking to the guillotine. You know the end result but the anticipation is horrendous!

My family, hot chocolate and friends are well! Thank goodness. Now, I leave you with a recipe for Chambord Hot Chocolate from Gourmet Coffee, Tea and Chocolate Drinks by Mathew Tekulsky:


½ ounce Semisweet baking chocolate

1 cup Milk

1 tablespoon Chambord liqueur

¼ cup Heavy cream, whipped

Fresh raspberries, for garnish


Stir the chocolate into the milk in a saucepan over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until hot (do not boil). Pour into a mug, add the Chambord, top with whipped cream, and garnish with fresh raspberries.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That sounds AMAZING! I'm totally going to make that tonight or tomorrow.

The Cocoa Lady said...

It was the first time my husband indulged in my "hurricane hot chocolate" and he enjoyed it immensely.