Friday, August 8, 2008

Lost in DC



After obtaining a few suggestions on where to try hot chocolate in DC from Chowhound.com, I set my sights on Café Sureia on 3629 12th NE. I threw on my walking shoes and prepared myself for a nice walk to hot chocolate paradise (well at least according to a local DC resident). Oh, yes! I walked, and I walked, and I walked down the wrong blasted direction on 12th Street.

I ended up near Howard University, a historically black college founded in March of 1827. Currently ranked 96th in US News & Reports “America’s Best Colleges 2008” rankings, Howard is the top producer of African-Americans with Ph.Ds. If I was in positive spirits at that time, I would have taken a tour of the campus.

With a deer in the headlights look, a nice local person directed me to the nearest Metro Entrance. One thing I am good at is finding my way back home on a subway system. Defeated, I took the Green line back to my hotel.

Well, at least I still have Ceiba and their famous hot chocolate!

No comments: