Monday, December 22, 2008

Hazelnut Hot Chocolate on the Run

Between being sleep deprived and cold, I’ve been on a losing battle with trying to get to work on time while processing customer orders for the holidays. As I run from point A to point B I had to outsource something, so I decided to outsource making hot chocolate until the madness diminishes.

Since a Starbucks is right near my office and I was in need of a little pick-up me up, I decided this was the perfect time to visit the location for round 2 of my Starbucks hot chocolates taste test. Recently, I gave the approval for their Signature Hot Chocolate, a classic hot chocolate recipe. Now it is time to try Starbucks’ Hazelnut Signature Hot Chocolate.

My Cliff Notes version of this review is as follows:

1. Appreciated the initial flavor
2. Nice texture
3. Did not enjoy the hazelnut after taste

It’s official! No to Hazelnut Hot Chocolate, but yes to Starbucks Signature Hot Chocolate. If the hot chocolate urge arises again, I know which hot chocolate I’ll be drinking until I try option 3…Salted Caramel Signature Hot Chocolate.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

The Starbucks Salted Caramel is decent, but the signature is the best of the three. The existence of hazelnut in general flummoxes me, as the after taste is a bit yech. There's a rumour at my starbucks of a white raspberry chocolate to appear in early 09... we'll see.

I've been meaning to check in with you for a while. :o)

Robyn

The Cocoa Lady said...

Thanks for the early heads up! Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate is the last one on my list to try from their trio of hot chocolates.

I am a simple dark hot chocolate person. However, any new additions to the hot chocolate line up would be very nice.
-The Cocoa Lady