Monday, November 3, 2008

Crepes by the Beach

My sister knows I love crepes second to hot chocolate! Nonetheless, while visiting the family in California she arranged a visit to two local Manhattan Beach / El Segundo crepe cafes. There was one cafe she just knew I would love. However, I wasn’t impressed with it. Therefore, I will not waste any time talking about it. However, my favorite cafĂ© out of the two is Melt. Located in a relatively new shopping center called Plaza El Segundo, Melt is nestled towards the back of this vast open air shopping center.

When we arrived at the location early Saturday morning, no one was there. I was thinking….”oh, not good”. Since we were all hungry anyways, we decided to try it out. As usual, I selected the simple Strawberry & Cream Crepe. My sister chose a plain crepe while my mom opted for the Strawberry Royale which had strawberries, bananas, Nutella and cream. The staff was friendly and since we were the only customers at that time, the food arrived quickly.


I was disappointed that the menu did not contain hot chocolate, but my disappointment washed away when I engulfed a piece of my crepe. Yummy! The crepe itself was nice and thin. Every one was extremely pleased with their selection. When a crepe is purchased, Melt offers a discount on a gelato of your choice. Since Dad loves ice cream and gelato, my sister selected a “to go” cup of gelato for him. As mom and sister made a big ordeal as to what flavor to select for him, I decided to tune out of the madness.

On my next visit to California, a Melt visit is required! I hope the foot traffic picks up and it is still there when I return.

No comments: