Thursday, July 10, 2008

a stream of chocolate

Twenty-seven feet in height, Jean-Philippe Patisserie’s chocolate fountain is designated the largest and tallest volume chocolate fountain the world. Positioned on the outer edge of Jean-Philippe’s and encased in glass, this fountain of creamy goodness contains a blend of dark, milk and white chocolate streaming from the ceiling to the floor of the Bellagio Hotel. Numerous people were mesmerized by the fountain as they walked through the hotel’s passageway. With over two tons of chocolate freely flowing through the intricate shell-shaped designs, I personally experienced a vision of being in a sophisticated version of Willy Wonk and the Chocolate Factory.



It took some time to figure out how to transfer the chocolate fountain footage from my cell phone to make a somewhat decent video. I am terrible at figuring these techie things out, but I am having fun in the process. So, this is my last installment from my On a Hot Chocolate Mission segment. I’ll be heading to Washington, DC, soon where my hot chocolate adventures will continue!

No comments: