Thursday, June 12, 2008

Next, up…Vosges Haut-Chocolat

After enjoying our Jean-Philippe Patisserie crepes and deep, dark hot chocolate, we were off to Vosges Haut-Chocolat in The Shoppes at Caesar’s Palace.

Vosges Haut is located in the newest part of the Caesar's Palace shopping area. As a youngster, I frequently vacationed in Las Vegas with my parents. It is interesting to see how a one-time rotunda with a long flat escalator that transported you to hotel was transformed into the newest portion of Caesar's Palace.

Along the way, we passed numerous sculpture replicas from the great artists such as Michelangelo. When we finally arrived at Vosges Haut-Chocolat my heart was set on the Aztec Elixir Hot Cocoa which has ancho & chipotle chillies, Ceylon cinnamon, Madagascar vanilla bean, cornmeal and dark chocolate.

The Vosges Haut interior was decorated in a white and purple palette, quite chic and very modern. Once I took at seat at the mini-bar, I changed my mind. I no longer wanted to try the Aztec Elixir, but the Bianca Hot Cocoa. Vosges Haut-Chocolat Bianca contains Australian lemon myrtle, lavender flowers, vanilla and white chocolate. Half & Half was used to create the $5.00 a cup white chocolate mixture. While the Vosges Haut associate worked on my beverage, my mother brought a chocolate bar with bacon to my attention. The Vosges associate offered my mother a sample of this unusual chocolate bar. Mommie took the associate up on the offer. After the associate presented me with a tall ceramic mug of white chocolate, I was in enamored of the flecks of the lemon myrtle visible at the top of the mug. The aroma was amazing and I was ready to sip.

Since I didn’t have any expectations on the hot beverage before me, all I can say was I was utterly surprised by the divine flavors assembled in this couture hot cocoa. A lot of heaven in a cup and I wasn’t going to let anyone rush me out of the shop until I had every last drop. Okay… that is a lie since I had to return to the tradeshow, but I had to come down out of the clouds which I wasn’t ready to do at that point.

I finished a large portion of the hot cocoa and took the rest with me. With great shock, my mother loved the chocolate bar with bacon and purchased it for my father. She too enjoyed the Bianca Hot Cocoa therefore everyone went home with a box of Vosges Haut Bianca Hot Cocoa!

No comments: