Wednesday, June 4, 2008

ethel's Chocolate Lounge in LV

First stop is the Las Vegas Fashion Show Mall. Since the mall was right across the street from the Sands Convention Center, I was able to make a quick pit stop during day one of my business trip. On the way there, I saw some of my favorite stores at the Wynn Hotel. Too bad my pocketbook was too thin to visit. Instead, I opted to make myself rich on chocolate.

The mall was not officially opened yet, so I opted to browse the stores until I came across my prize…ethel’s Chocolat Lounge. It was festively designed and decorated and I couldn’t wait for it to open.


Not a minute after 10:00 am, I was there asking for a small hot chocolate. With whipped cream of course! A little taken aback by the $4.00 price point, but it must be worth it. The ethel’s employee used a Rancilio Epoca Espresso/Cappuccino machine to steam the half-and-half used to make my drink. With the first sip, it was nothing but whipped cream. Been there, done that. When I reached the hot chocolate, I was like…”what texture”. This was a true hot chocolate. It was rich, but not clumpy. Smooth and delicious. I sat in the lounge to take a few more sips. While I was there, another couple came in to order coffee. They were quite annoying with their requests. I personally wanted to tell them the coffee you are looking for is on the other side of the mall and this was a chocolate lounge. When in Rome people, do as the Romans.

Off to work I went with my hot chocolate in hand. The walk back to the convention center allowed it to cool off a little bit. The cup was quite hot in my hand, but I was too excited to get to my destination and enjoy this cup of hot chocolate.

Upon arriving at the convention, I zoned in on a comfy count to sit back and enjoy my hot chocolate. Now, I know why ethel’s Chocolate Lounge was ranked on Ryan Slattery’s “5 to Try: Hot Chocolate”.

No comments: