Friday, September 18, 2009

Cravin' Crepes

Yes! I am back in California for a few days. As usual, I must try to dine on all the wonderful delicacies around the LA area. My first stop since landing last night is Cafe Crepe in Santa Monica.

My sister noticed the restaurant during a recent visit to the 3rd Street Promenade H & M. It looked tempting during her trip, so she recommended it for today's lunch. We restricted ourselves to crepes only as both of us are on a very tight budget. However, since their prices were quite reasonable we had the option of splurging on other items, if we wished. I chose a half Mixed Greens Organic Salad with Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar, and a crepe with strawberries and sugar.

The salad was extremely fresh and the simple blend on Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar was scrumptious. The mix greens were laid on a bed of fresh tomatoes slices creating a tangy combination.

But the grand finale was (drum roll please)... a delicious crepe stuffed with fresh strawberries and topped with a dash of sugar. I was simply amazed how tasty the crepe was without the strawberries. Normally, crepes are garnished with powdered sugar, whipped cream etc. to accent the crepes flavor. However, my sister and I both agree this crepe was absolutely divine by itself. The strawberries purely accented the crepe's delicious flavor.

My sister and I both agree we will be back!

No comments: