Sunday, January 20, 2008

Farewell My Friend...


I just received notification that one of my favorite hot chocolates has been discontinued...Mandarin a la Taza. This Spanish hot chocolate was extremely thick and one of our household favorites. As a I was trying to source a new importer, I received an order for 6 Mandarin a la Tazas. However, I was down to my last 4. If I would have known that this would be the last time I would set my eyes on that delicious hot chocolate, I would have saved a box for myself. But, customers come first!


I remember the first time we sat down to enjoy this hot chocolate when my husband said "It's like drinking a candy bar!" Which was so true! The Spanish enjoy very thick hot chocolate with their Churros. The churros are dipped in their hot chocolate and eaten. Unlike the churros we eat here in the USA, the Spanish do not roll their churro pastry in Cinnamon and Sugar because the sweetness comes from the hot chocolate.

No comments: