Sunday, October 3, 2010

Toot, Toot! All a board a Vanilla Steamer!

With all the travel I've been doing lately, it's sad when airport security recognizes me in line.  Every airport has 50 billion Starbucks and I've become one of those sleepy eyed travelers waiting in line for a pick up me up.  However, it is the Vanilla Steamers with whip (whipped cream) I crave, not coffee.  It is eaiser to have these cravings when someone else is footing the bill.  So, when I am no longer traveling, the budget gourmet in me kicks in.

Here is my own spin on Vanilla Steamers:

1 cup Milk
1 tbls Honey
1/2 tbls Vanilla

I've made this two different ways:

Option 1 -

1.  Blend ingredients in a double boiler over low/medium heat until heated through
2.  Pour into a mug 
3.  Use a handeld frother to add volume



Option 2 -

1.  Blend ingredients in a mug
2.  Microwave for 45 seconds and remove from microwave
3.  Use a handheld frother to mix and add volume
4.  Microwave again for 1 minute
5.  Remove from microwave and froth one last time with frother





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I'm going to try this today.

The Cocoa Lady said...

No problem! I had fun making and drinking it. Indulge and enjoy.