Monday, January 25, 2010

Horchata hot chocolate?

Just returned from a little late night shopping at HEB. Since browsing the hot chocolate, hot cocoa and baking aisles is a mandatory requirement, I came across Horchata by Klass. Horchata is a traditional beverage among Spanish, Latin American and Mexican families. Although each region placed their own flair on the drink, it usually consists of ground almonds, sesame seeds, rice, barley, or tigernuts and is served cold. Originally, Horchata was made with barley. But rice has since replaced that ingredient.



The ready to drink carton purchased today is made with a rice, cinnamon and milk. I look forward to trying this tomorrow with one of my cocoa powders or hot chocolate mixes.

5 comments:

gabriel phillips said...

As always, a well-written and useful post

The Cocoa Lady said...

Thanks Gabriel! I hope you have the chance to try this yourself. Horchata hot chocolate is our new household obsession...

isabella said...

This is a great post with helpful info!

isabella said...

This is a great post with helpful info!

Bartending Certification said...

I haven't tried this product. I wasn't aware of this brand too. Is it local? I'm from a different country.