Sunday, July 26, 2009

Blasted Tea Toddlers

After sweating to death on our girl power family walk around the Pasadena Rose Bowl, it was time to eat. Even as hot as it was, I wanted to try Zona Rosa Caffe's to see what their hot chocolate was like. However, I was overruled by my tea toddling family members.

Once we changed out of our walking clothes, we were off to tea. My mother and sister, the girly ones out of the family, enjoy having tea at the Tea Rose Garden. As we turned onto Raymond Avenue, a tear appeared in my eye as my husband and I use to live off of Raymond and walk around in the vicinity for groceries, dining and entertainment. Oh well. We will return again...one day.

Still fuming from missing my sole opportunity for a hot chocolate adventure, I participated in my first tea experience. I ordered the English Tea which includes a scone, tea and finger sandwich of your choice, along with a petal salad, fresh fruit and rose sugar cookie. My sandwich of choice was the Goat Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomato Sandwich. As for my tea, I selected the Berry Passion Tea and a Lemon Raspberry Scone.

I must admit, I enjoyed myself. We all ordered different sandwiches and scones so we could share our tea house treats. My Lemon Raspberry Scone ranked 1st among us girls and my favorite sandwich was my sister's Cranberry Chicken Sandwich.

This was absolutely an enjoyable experience. Normally, I would be fixating over the fact I did not have the opportunity to try a new hot chocolate. However, I will definitely get over it...this time!

No comments: