Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hot Chocolate for Life


After sharing a portion of my cake my friend made with the baking chocolates from our shelf clean out a few weeks ago, my husband gobbled the small piece in no time. He was disappointed that he didn’t receive a larger piece of cake. Personally, I was thinking “you better be happy that you received that piece because I could have eaten the entire thing.” Keeping the cake in my lunch box for the rest of the work day was very difficult. It required immense will power…I could have eaten the entire piece, but I didn’t have milk at the office. Milk was required to enjoy the full experience.

I told my friend about my husband’s experience with her cake and a few days later she made Frank his own cake. The wonderful bundt shaped cake came with its own little “Happy Birthday” sign. Although his birthday had passed, he could care less.

Now this cake was a white cake with chocolate frosting, while the first cake was a dark chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Once Frank dived in, he declared “She gets hot chocolate for life!”

No comments: